April is national “Math Awareness Month.” To celebrate and engage our students and community around real-life Math Applications, the Thurston County Chamber Education Committee is promoting our 11th annual “Math for Life” event for students in Griffin, North Thurston, Olympia, Rainier, Rochester, Tenino, Tumwater, Yelm school districts and Private schools in the county. Last year we had over 1,000 students participate in this event!
Parents, students & businesses will have access to their very own Math for Life portal. During April 5-18th, students will be able to virtually visit participating businesses, answer grade appropriate math questions, earn points and WIN PRIZES!
If you have a child who is a student in K-12 school in one of the above schools - you can use the portal to:
- Register and create an account for yourself
- Login and create accounts for your children
- Provide the access codes to your children
If you are a student in K-12 school in one of the above schools - you can use the portal to:
- Login using the access code provided by your parent
- Visit virtually at least five businesses and answer the math quiz for each
- Tell your Teacher you participated in Math for Life, and you will be entered to win prizes and possibly a Kindle Fire Tablet!
Sponsor the Math for Life program to help kids understand that 'Math is a life skill - not just an academic subject'. Call your Member Services Representative at the Chamber for information regarding sponsorship at 360.357.3362.Sponsorships assist with supporting the cost of the Math for Life event, which is free to students and parents. You can use the portal to:
- Login using the credentials provided by the chamber staff
- You can view your business profile that is active in the system
- You can update the banner, contact information and and a brief description for the company. You may also provide a link to an optional video
- You can view the engagement of the students with your business